UNCTAD-WAIPA EXCHANGE PLATFORM (IN PARTNERSHIP WITH ERNST AND YOUNG (EY))
This registration is for the all sessions of the 7th WIF 2021. All events occur in Geneva Time (CET, GMT+2).
Date: Monday, 18 October 2021
Gearing up the digitalization of investment promotion: strategies, good practices and lessons learnt
Investment promotion agencies (IPAs), economic development boards (EDBs) and special economic zones (SEZs) have been confronted with major operational challenges due to the disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Some did well, others faced serious challenges, much dependent on the extent and level of digitization within their organization. Over a year in the pandemic, resilience has ruled and most organizations in charge of investment promotion are back in business.
This workshop will deal with the changes and improvements that digitalization in investment promotion and facilitation can bring, from enhanced use of social media, numerical platforms and online one-stop-shops to virtual reality (VR) site visits.
Issues to be addressed:
- The speed and nature of the digitalization of investment promotion organizations.
- UNCTAD business facilitation platform: e-regulations and e-registration.
- Mr. James Zhan, Director, Division on Investment and Enterprise
- Mr. Fahad Al Gergawi, CEO, Dubai FDI and President, World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA)
- Mr. Abhishek Gupta, Partner, Government Advisory, E&Y
- Ms. Maria Camila Moreno, Executive Director, Latin American Association of Free Trade Zones
- Mr. Kaspar Kork, Director, Invest Estonia [TBC]
- Mr. Dushyant Thakor, Senior Vice President, Invest in India
- Mr. Frank Grozel, UNCTAD Business Facilitation Platform, UNCTAD
Event Manager: Ms. Natalia Guerra
Contact email: Natalia.Guerra@unctad.org