UNCTAD-World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies EXCHANGE PLATFORM (knowledge partner ERNST AND YOUNG)
Date: Monday, 18 October 2021
Gearing up the digitalization of investment promotion: strategies, good practices and lessons learnt
Investment promotion agencies, economic development boards and special economic zones have been confronted with major operational challenges due to the disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Some did well, others faced serious challenges, much dependent on the extent and level of digitization within their organization. During the pandemic, resilience has ruled and most organizations in charge of investment promotion are back in business.
This workshop will deal with the changes and improvements that digitalization in investment promotion and facilitation can bring, from enhanced use of social media, numerical platforms and online one-stop-shops to virtual reality site visits.
Issues to be addressed:
- The speed and nature of the digitalization of investment promotion organizations.
- UNCTAD business facilitation platform: e-regulations and e-registration.
- Mr. Paul Wessendorp, Chief, Investment Promotion Section, UNCTAD
- Mr. İsmail Erşahin, Deputy Executive Director, World Association of Investment Promotion (WAIPA)
- Mr. Abhishek Gupta, Partner, Government Advisory, E&Y
- Ms. Maria Camila Moreno, Executive Director, Latin American Association of Free Trade Zones
- Mr. Raido Lember, Business Development Manager, Invest Estonia
- Mr. Dushyant Thakor, Senior Vice President, Invest in India
- Mr. Frank Grozel, UNCTAD Business Facilitation Platform, UNCTAD
- Ms. Natalia Guerra, Economic Affairs Officer, Division on Investment and Enterprise, UNCTAD
Event Manager: Ms. Natalia Guerra
Contact email: Natalia.Guerra@unctad.org