THE INVESTMENT, TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT NEXUS
Organized together with the World Trade Organization (WTO), the high-level event will shed light on the evolving relationship between trade, investment and development in the new era of globalization and industrialization. The event will also discuss how the mounting trade tensions and the resurgence of trade and investment protectionism affect global trade, global value chains and investment prospects. Taking the Global Leaders Investment Summit outcome as basis, the event will focus on formulating strategies for developing countries to deal with ongoing and emerging challenges within the context of the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development and their commitment to meeting the SDGs.
Issues for the debate:
- What strategies should developing countries design and adopt to cope with the new era of globalization and industrialization?
- How to translate such coping strategies into national and international policies?
- What can international organizations do to assist developing countries deal with the issues arising from the resurgence of unilateralism and strengthen cooperation in trade and investment to meet the SDGs?
- Ms. Pamela Coke-Hamilton, Director, Division on International Trade and Commodities, UNCTAD
- Mr. Karl Brauner, Deputy Director-General, WTO
- H.E. Mr. Zied Ladhari, Ministre du développent, de l’investissent et de la coopération internationale, Tunisia
- H.E. Mr. Alan John Kwadwo Kyerematen, Minister of Trade and Industry, Ghana
- Hon. Benjamin E. Diokno, Secretary (Minister) of Budget and Management, Philippines
- Mr. Soaile Mochaba, Principal Secretary in the Ministry of Trade and Industry, Lesotho
- Ms. Duangjai Asawachintachit, Secretary General, Board of Investment, Thailand
- H:E. Soaile Mochaba, Principle Secretary in the Ministry of Trade and Industry, Lesotho
- Mr. Osamu Onodera, Deputy Director-General for Trade Policy (G20) Trade Policy Bureau, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Japan
- Mr. Ricardo Meléndez-Ortiz, Chief Executive Officer, International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development
In Partnership with:
Event Manager: Ms. Claudia Trentini
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org