Private sector and government representatives will share their experiences and strategies with supply chain management, in particular in times of crises. They will underscore the need for resilient and adaptable supply chain systems capable of withstanding disruptions. This includes addressing issues such as supply chain vulnerabilities, diversifying sources, and optimizing logistics to ensure continuity and mitigate disruptions. The speakers will be invited to address the multifaceted challenges presented by disruptions to global value chains and the unique opportunities that may emerge as a result. These challenges encompass logistical hurdles, increased lead times and a need for more robust risk assessment strategies. Opportunities may arise in reshoring or regionalizing supply chains, implementing advanced technologies like blockchain for transparency, and emphasizing sustainability in sourcing and transportation. The session will also elucidate how supply chain management activities can align with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), emphasizing the critical role of responsible and sustainable supply chains in achieving global development objectives. The ensuing interactive Q&A session will provide a platform for participants to further explore supply chain management policies and strategies during crises.
- In light of disruptions to global supply chains, what are key opportunities and challenges associated with investing in and operating a business in this sector? How do you navigate these challenges while seizing opportunities to enhance supply chain resilience?
- How have the ongoing health and environmental challenges influenced the strategic priorities of your investments and supply chain management practices? Can you provide specific examples of adaptations or innovations in response to these challenges to ensure business continuity?
- In the context of supply chain vulnerabilities, what specific investment policy reforms do you believe should be considered priorities to enhance supply chain resilience and facilitate a more secure and adaptable environment for your sector?
- Are there recent initiatives aimed at bolstering supply chain resilience that have played a pivotal role in enhancing your business prospects, particularly when confronted with supply chain disruptions? How have these initiatives impacted your supply chain management capabilities?
- How can public-private dialogue and private-private collaborations be leveraged to enhance and safeguard your supply chain operations during times of disruptions? Can you share examples of successful partnerships or dialogue mechanisms that have proven effective in improving supply chain stability?
- Could you elaborate on strategies for fostering coherence between supply chain management practices, the SDGs, and environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles, while maintaining business profitability?
- Considering the countries/regions where you are operating, what contributions or actions are you taking to align with and advance the SDGs?