Private sector and government representatives will share their experiences and strategies regarding investment during times of crises. They will delve into the multifaceted challenges posed by crises and the unique opportunities that arise, including the need for adaptable and resilient investment approaches to weather disruptions. Moreover, the participants will be invited to address the necessity of fostering greater cooperation between the public and private sectors to navigate these challenges effectively. They will also elucidate how their investment activities align with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), underscoring the urgency of promoting responsible and sustainable investment during times of crises. An interactive Q&A session will provide an opportunity to further explore the nuances of investing during crises, and how public and private sectors can foster resilience and adaptability.
- In light of ongoing and emerging crises, what are key opportunities and challenges associated with investing in and operating a business in turbulent times? How do you navigate these challenges while seizing opportunities for resilience and innovation?
- Given the ongoing health and environmental crises, how have these external factors influenced the strategic priorities of your investments? Can you provide specific examples of how you have adapted your operations to address these challenges and maintain business continuity during crises?
- In a context of multiple crises, what investment policy reforms do you believe should be prioritized to facilitate a more conducive and resilient investment environment?
- Are there recent government initiatives that have played a pivotal role in enhancing your business prospects? How have these initiatives impacted your ability to navigate challenging times?
- How can public-private dialogue and private-private collaborations be leveraged to enhance and safeguard your operations during times of crises? Can you share examples of successful partnerships or dialogue mechanisms that have proven effective?
- Could you elaborate on your strategies for maintaining coherence between your investments, the SDGs, and environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles, while ensuring business profitability, especially during turbulent times?
- Considering the countries/regions where you are operating, what specific contributions or actions are you taking to align with and advance the SDGs?
- What contribution can your business make to the SDGs in the countries you are operating in?