Interactive sessions for representatives of the private sector with the goal of presenting opportunities and challenges of investing in and operating a business in the current economic, social and environmental context. These thematic sessions will focus on Green Economy, Agriculture and Food Security, Supply Chain Management, and Information and Communication Technologies, while a fifth session will address the issue of Investing in Times of Crises (i.e., inflation, debt stress, currency fluctuations, climate change, uncertainty, etc.). Businesses will also have an opportunity to show how their activities can contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), taking into account environmental, social and governance (ESG) challenges.
Taking place in the context of the eight World Investment Forum, which will be held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, from 16 to 20 October 2023, these sessions are organized in cooperation with the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce.
- What are the opportunities and challenges of investing in and operating a business in your sector?
- Are ongoing health and environmental challenges affecting your priorities?
- Are the SDGs, including ESG challenges, and business profitability mutually exclusive?
- What investment policy reforms should be considered priorities by your host government(s)?
- Which recent government initiatives have enabled you to improve your business prospects?
- How can public-private dialogue and private-private dialogue improve your operations?
- What contribution can your business make to the SDGs in the countries you are operating in?