in cooperation with the Arab-Swiss Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CASCI)
WIF Virtual Platform, room 10
Ms. Chantal Dupasquier
20 October 2021
09:00 - 10:00 Europe/Zurich
An interactive session in which representatives of private sector entities investing and/or operating a business in the Middle East and North Africa share their experiences and highlight the opportunities and challenges they encounter, in particular in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and the recovery period. They will also present how their activities can contribute to the SDGs. The will session provide a chance for business to explore new investment horizons and interact with country representatives through Q&As.
Issues to be addressed
- What are the opportunities and challenges in investing in and operating a business in the region?
- What investment policy reforms should be considered priorities by your host governments?
- Which recent investment policy reforms have enabled you to improve your business perspectives?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected these priorities?
- What contribution can your business make to the SDGs in the countries you are operating in?
- What measures will allow your business to grow and increase its contribution to the SDGs?
Senior Expert, Investment Policies, Investment Policies Branch, DIAE, UNCTAD
Chief, Investment Policy Review Section, Investment Policies Branch, Division on Investment and Enterprise, UNCTAD
Principal Regional Governance Coordinator, African Development Bank
Counsel, International Arbitration and Public International Law, Eversheds Sutherland LLP
Secretary General, Arab-Swiss Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Investment Policy Expert, Investment Policy Review Section, Investment Policies Branch, Division on Investment and Enterprise, UNCTAD