TALKING BUSINESS: Latin America (in cooperation with the Latin American Chamber of Commerce in Switzerland)
Date: Wednesday, 20 October 2021
An interactive session in which representatives of private sector entities investing and/or operating a business in Latin America share their experiences and highlight the opportunities and challenges they encounter, in particular in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and the post-pandemic recovery. They will also present how their activities can contribute to the SDGs. The session provides a chance for business to explore new investment horizons and interact with country representatives through Q&As.
Issues to be addressed:
- What are the opportunities and challenges in investing in and operating a business in the region?
- What investment policy reforms should be considered priorities by your host governments?
- Which recent investment policy reforms have enabled you to improve your business perspectives?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected these priorities?
- What contribution can your business make to the SDGs in the countries you are operating in?
- What measures will allow your business to grow and increase its contribution to the SDGs?
- Ms. Tatjana Gaspar, Managing Director, Latin American Chamber of Commerce in Switzerland (LATCAM)
- Ms. Chantal Dupasquier, Chief, Investment Policy Review Section, Investment Policies Branch, Division on Investment and Enterprise, UNCTAD
- Mr. Angelo Colombo, CEO Latin America & Brazil, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
- Mr. Patrick Furrer, Country Manager Chile, AFRY Chile Ltda
- Mr. Vicente Magaña, President and CEO, ABB Mexico
- Dr. Philippe G. Nell, Former Deputy Assistant State Secretary for Bilateral Economic Relations, State Secretariat for Economic Affairs of Switzerland, Honorary Ambassador, Latin American Chamber of Commerce in Switzerland, University Lecturer
Event manager: Ms. Chantal Dupasquier
Contact email: Chantal.Dupasquier@unctad.org