in cooperation with the Latin American Chamber of Commerce in Switzerland (LATCAM)
WIF Virtual Platform, room 10
Ms. Chantal Dupasquier
20 October 2021
17:15 - 18:45 Europe/Zurich
An interactive session in which representatives of private sector entities investing and/or operating a business in Latin America share their experiences and highlight the opportunities and challenges they encounter, in particular in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and for the recovery. They will also present how their activities can contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The session provides a chance for business to explore new investment horizons and interact with country representatives through Q&As.
Issues to be addressed
- What are the opportunities and challenges in investing in and operating a business in the region?
- What investment policy reforms should be considered priorities by your host governments?
- Which recent investment policy reforms has enabled you to improve your business perspectives?
- How did the COVID-19 pandemic affect these priorities?
- What contribution can your business make to the SDGs in the countries you are operating in?
- What measures will allow your business to grow and increase its contribution to the SDGs?
Managing Director, Latin American Chamber of Commerce in Switzerland
Chief, Investment Policy Review Section, Investment Policies Branch, Division on Investment and Enterprise, UNCTAD
CEO Latin America & Brazil, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Country Manager Chile, AFRY Chile Ltda
Country Manager, ABB Mexico
Former Deputy Assistant State Secretary for Bilateral Economic Relations, State Secretariat for Economic Affairs of Switzerland, Honorary Ambassador, Latin American Chamber of Commerce in Switzerland, University Lecturer