in cooperation with the Joint Chamber of Commerce Switzerland-Eastern Europe, Central Asia, South Caucasus (JCC)
WIF Virtual Platform, room 10
Ms. Chantal Dupasquier
19 October 2021
11:30 - 13:00 Europe/Zurich
An interactive session in which representatives of private sector entities investing and/or operating a business in Eastern Europe and Central Asia share their experiences and highlight the opportunities and challenges they encounter, in particular in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and for the recovery. They will also present how their activities can contribute to the SDGs. The session provides a chance for business to explore new investment horizons and interact with country representatives through Q&As.
Issues to be addressed:
- What are the opportunities and challenges in investing in and operating a business in the region?
- What investment policy reforms should be considered priorities by your host governments?
- Which recent investment policy reforms have enabled you to improve your business perspectives?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected these priorities?
- What contribution can your business make to the SDGs in the countries you are operating in?
- What measures will allow your business to grow and increase its contribution to the SDGs?
Managing Director, Joint Chamber of Commerce Switzerland-Eastern Europe, Central Asia, South Caucasus (JCC)
Key Account Manager, Hitachi Energy Switzerland
Regional Managing Director Middle East / Central Asia, Member of the Militzer & Münch Group Management, M&M Militzer & Münch AG
Vice President Middle East, Africa & Eastern Europe, Services Division, Vice-President Region Europe Services Division, Burckhardt Compression
Chief, Investment Policy Review Section, Investment Policies Branch, Division on Investment and Enterprise, UNCTAD