TALKING BUSINESS: Africa (in cooperation with the Swiss-African Business Circle)
Date: Thursday, 21 October 2021
Talking Business: Africa
An interactive session in which representatives of private sector entities investing and/or operating a business in Africa share their experiences and highlight the opportunities and challenges they encounter, in particular in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and for the recovery. They will also present how their activities can contribute to the SDGs. The session provides a chance for business to explore new investment horizons and interact with country representatives through Q&As.
Issues to be addressed:
- What are the opportunities and challenges in investing in and operating a business in the region?
- What investment policy reforms should be considered priorities by your host governments?
- Which recent investment policy reforms have enabled you to improve your business perspectives?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected these priorities?
- What contribution can your business make to the SDGs in the countries you are operating in?
- What measures will allow your business to grow and increase its contribution to the SDGs?
- Ms. Chantal Dupasquier, Chief, Investment Policy Review Section, Investment Policies Branch, Division on Investment and Enterprise, UNCTAD
- Mr. Leonard Stiegeler, Founder, Pulse Africa Holding AG and Member, Swiss-African Business Circle Board
- Mr. Laurent Padoux, Member of the Steering Committee and Southern Africa Expert, French Council of Investors in Africa (Conseil français des investisseurs en Afrique)
- Mr. Eliud Njoroge, Portfolio Manager, SilkInvest
- Mr. Paul Clements-Hunt, CEO, Blended Capital
- Mr. Ammar Kessab, Principal Regional Governance Coordinator, African Development Bank
Event manager: Ms. Chantal Dupasquier
Contact email: Chantal.Dupasquier@unctad.org