in cooperation with the Swiss-African Business Circle (SABC)
WIF Virtual Platform, room 10
Ms. Chantal Dupasquier
21 October 2021
16:30 - 18:00 Europe/Zurich
An interactive session in which representatives of private sector entities investing and/or operating a business in Africa share their experiences and highlight the opportunities and challenges they encounter, in particular in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and for the recovery. They will also present how their activities can contribute to the SDGs. The session provides a chance for business to explore new investment horizons and interact with country representatives through Q&As.
Issues to be addressed
- What are the opportunities and challenges in investing in and operating a business in the region?
- What investment policy reforms should be considered priorities by your host governments?
- Which recent investment policy reforms have enabled you to improve your business perspectives?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected these priorities?
- What contribution can your business make to the SDGs in the countries you are operating in?
- What measures will allow your business to grow and increase its contribution to the SDGs?
Chief, Investment Policy Review Section, Investment Policies Branch, Division on Investment and Enterprise, UNCTAD
Founder, Pulse Africa Holding AG and Member, Swiss-African Business Circle Board
Member of the Steering Committee and Southern Africa Expert, French Council of Investors in Africa
Portfolio Manager, SilkInvest
CEO, Blended Capital