Sustainable Stock Exchanges Global Dialogue (in partnership with the United Nations Governance Compact, United Nations Environment Programme, Principles for Responsible Investment)
Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021
For over a decade, the SSE flagship event has been its biennial Global Dialogues – the largest global gathering of stock exchange CEOs exclusively devoted to responsible investment. This year the Global Dialogue will take place as a discussion among members of the SSE Independent Advisory Committee, composed of capital market leaders whose role is to provide the SSE Governing Board advice and feedback on the work of the Partnership Programme. This high-level gathering will identify key global challenges in sustainable finance and the role exchanges can play in addressing them.
Issues to be addressed:
- What role can stock exchanges play in accelerating action to address climate change? The role of disclosure guidance, market education and new products (e.g. green bonds, green equity indices, carbon credit trading, among others).
- What are the latest developments among securities regulators in promoting sustainability? What are the key challenges? (for example issuer disclosure, asset management greenwashing, ESG ratings and data providers).
- What role can sustainability reporting play in improving the ESG performance among companies?
- What opportunities lie ahead for sustainability themed products in the areas of bonds, equities and derivatives?
- What are the main challenges for financing sustainable development? What are the priorities for the SSE and its partner exchanges?
- Ms. Nandini Sukumar, CEO, World Federation of Exchanges (WFE)
- Mr. Tajinder Singh, Deputy Secretary General, International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO)
- Mr. Sandy Frucher, Special Advisor and Former Vice Chair, NASDAQ
- Ms. Olga Cantillo, CEO, Latinex Stock Exchange
- Mr. Loh Boon Chye, CEO, Singapore Exchange
- Mr. Emmanuel Nyirinkindi, Vice President, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Mr. James Zhan, Director, UNCTAD
Event Manager: Mr. Anthony Miller
Contact email: Anthony.Miller@unctad.org