Enterprise reporting as the basis for sustainable investment
WIF Virtual Platform, room 11
Mr. Richard Bolwijn
19 October 2021
16:00 - 17:30 Europe/Zurich
Reliable and comparable enterprise reporting on sustainability is an important prerequisite for the promotion of sustainable investment and investment relevant for the achievement of the SDGs. Efforts are being exerted at a global level to promote meaningful disclosure on the contribution of enterprises towards the SDGs by harmonizing sustainability accounting and reporting frameworks and standards.
The round table will enable participants to review the latest developments on this topic. The event will bring together key players in this field with a view to promoting further harmonization and consistency and comparability in measurement and reporting.
Issues to be addressed
- What is the present status of global efforts aimed at harmonizing frameworks and standards on sustainability reporting?
- What will be the future direction of the International Sustainability Standards Board?
- What needs to be done to further promote more consistent measurement and reporting?
- How can sustainability reports prepared by enterprises be further aligned to achieve sustainable investment?
- What are the main challenges in linking sustainability reporting with reporting on progress on the SDGs?
- How can governments be assisted in improving the sustainability reporting infrastructure in their countries?
State Secretary for Financial Market Policy and European Policy, Federal Ministry of Finance, Germany
CEO, European Financial Reporting Advisory Group
Chair, Board of Directors, Global Reporting Initiative
Managing Director, Carbon Disclosure Standards Board
Head of Finance and IT and Senior Policy Advisor, International Organization of Securities Commissions
Director of Standardization and Technical Policy, ISO Central Secretariat
Chief Policy Officer and Head of UK Office, Value Reporting Foundation
Global Vice Chair, Public Policy, EY