Stock exchanges are uniquely positioned to advance climate disclosure through market education and guidance. Since the last World Investment Forum, more than 55 exchanges around the world have partnered with the UN Sustainable Stock Exchanges (SSE) initiative and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) to deliver climate disclosure training to over 15,000 participants in over 100 countries. This session will review the progress of exchanges’ market education activities, examining lessons learned, challenges and opportunities.
- Why is climate disclosure important?
- What is the difference between TCFD and ISSB?
- What have stock exchanges done to promote climate disclosure among their issuers?
- What strategies work best to ensure uptake of climate disclosure in markets?
- What can exchanges do to lead by example?
- How do markets connect climate disclosure to investment?