SHOWCASING REFORMS TO PROMOTE SDG INVESTMENT: Experiences from Seychelles and Uzbekistan
Date: Friday, 22 October 2021
This will be an interactive session during which top government officials from selected countries showcase how they are dealing with investment policy reforms to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and their national development objectives.
Issues to be addressed:
- High-level policymakers will present their countries’ investment policy reform initiatives, emphasizing the key actions undertaken to improve the business climate and highlighting strategic policy decisions to increase potential contribution of domestic and foreign investment to achieve the SDGs and their national development objectives.
- Policymakers will be able to explore new investment policy perspectives and interact with other countries’ representatives through Q&As.
- Mr. Joerg Weber, Head, Investment Policies Branch, DIAE, UNCTAD
- H.E. Ms. Devika Vidot, Minister of Investment, Industry and Entrepreneurship, Seychelles
- Mr. Faouzi Gsouma, Minister Counsellor, Permanent Delegation of the African Union to the United Nations and other international organizations in Geneva
- Mr. Oliver Bastienne, Chairman, Seychelles Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI)
- Mr. Oybek Elmuratov, Deputy Director, Uzbekistan Investments Promotion Agency
- Mr. David Melikidze, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, TBC UZ
- Mr. Prakash Kejriwal, Director, Indorama Group
- Ms. Xeniya Klauzan, Senior Manager, Tax and Legal Services, International Private Clients, PwC
- Ms. Maha El Masri, Investment Policy Expert, Investment Policy Review Section, Investment Policies Branch, Division on Investment and Enterprise, UNCTAD
Event manager: Ms. Chantal Dupasquier
Contact email: Chantal.Dupasquier@unctad.org