SHOWCASING REFORMS TO PROMOTE SDG INVESTMENT: Experiences from Côte d’Ivoire and Ecuador
This registration is for the all sessions of the 7th WIF 2021. All events occur in Geneva Time (CET, GMT+2).
Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021
Virtual WIF Platform: Access link (Room 10)
This will be an interactive session during which top government officials from selected countries showcase how they are dealing with investment policy reforms to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and their national development objectives.
Issues to be addressed:
- High-level policymakers will present their countries’ investment policy reform initiatives, emphasizing the key actions undertaken to improve the business climate and highlighting strategic policy decisions to increase potential contribution of domestic and foreign investment to achieve the SDGs and their national development objectives.
- Policymakers will be able to explore new investment policy perspectives and interact with other countries’ representatives through Q&As.
- H.E. Mr. Patrick Jérôme Achi, Premier ministre, Chef du Gouvernement, Côte d’Ivoire
- H.E. Mrs. Lorena Konanz, Vice Minister of Exports and Investment Promotion, Ecuador
- H.E. Mr. Esmel Emmanuel Essis, Ministre auprès du Premier Ministre chargé de la promotion de l’investissement privé, Côte d’Ivoire
- H.E. Mr. Julio José Prado Lucio-Paredes, Minister of Production, Foreign Trade, Investments and Fisheries, Ecuador
- Ms. Solange Amichia, Directrice Générale, Centre de promotion des investissements en Côte d’Ivoire
- Mr. Hans Peter Werder, Chairman and Founder, HPW AG
- Mr. Francisco Estraluza, Team Leader, ConnectAmericas and Integration and Trade Senior Specialist, Inter-American Development Bank
Event Manager: Ms. Chantal Dupasquier
Contact email: Chantal.Dupasquier@unctad.org