SHOWCASING REFORMS TO PROMOTE SDG INVESTMENT: Experiences from Côte d’Ivoire and Ecuador
Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021
This will be an interactive session during which top government officials from selected countries showcase how they are dealing with investment policy reforms to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and their national development objectives.
Issues to be addressed:
- High-level policymakers will present their countries’ investment policy reform initiatives, emphasizing the key actions undertaken to improve the business climate and highlighting strategic policy decisions to increase potential contribution of domestic and foreign investment to achieve the SDGs and their national development objectives.
- Policymakers will be able to explore new investment policy perspectives and interact with other countries’ representatives through Q&As.
- Mr. Joerg Weber, Head, Investment Policies Branch, DIAE, UNCTAD
- H.E. Mrs. Lorena Konanz, Vice Minister of Exports and Investment Promotion, Ecuador
- H.E. Mr. Esmel Emmanuel Essis, Ministre auprès du Premier Ministre chargé de la promotion de l’investissement privé, Côte d’Ivoire
- Mr. Faouzi Gsouma, Minister Counsellor, Permanent Delegation of the African Union to the United Nations and other international organizations in Geneva
- Ms. Solange Amichia, Directrice Générale, Centre de promotion des investissements en Côte d’Ivoire
- Mr. Hans Peter Werder, Chairman and Founder, HPW AG
- Mr. Francisco Estraluza, Team Leader, ConnectAmericas and Integration and Trade Senior Specialist, Inter-American Development Bank
- Ms. Chantal Dupasquier, Chief, Investment Policy Review Section, Investment Policies Branch, Division on Investment and Enterprise, UNCTAD
Event Manager: Ms. Chantal Dupasquier
Contact email: Chantal.Dupasquier@unctad.org