The Asia Pacific (APAC) region is enjoying strong growth in telehealth, digital therapeutics, diagnostics, remote patient monitoring, and analytics and personalized health care. The Personalised Health Index, by FutureProofing Healthcare, a platform founded by the Copenhagen Institute for Future Studies and Roche, shows that personalized health care is gaining significant momentum in Asia.
The objective of this session is to discuss the role of various ecosystem partners in shaping the new health economy of the Asia Pacific region. Experts will share practical experiences and insights on challenges and opportunities facing the health sector, including in responding to the current pandemic crisis. They will also debate on policy reforms needed to scale innovation and bring significant system efficiencies, better patient outcomes and population health through personalized health care.
Issues to be addressed
- What health-care challenges does APAC face that require innovative, scalable and sustainable approaches to health system reforms?
- What are your observations on the state of readiness of health systems in APAC for advanced innovations in health?
- What is the role of health innovators and start-ups in the current evolving health-care ecosystem in the region?
- How can governmental institutions and policy support the enablement of these innovations, and even reward or recognize the value of innovations? What structural frameworks need to be in place to keep pace with innovation?
- Given the scale and multitude of the challenges post COVID-19, how can APAC ensure a coherent life science strategy and policy approach to promote investment as an engine of growth, and ensure that the recovery is inclusive, and its benefits extend to all countries?
- How can pharma support health-care entrepreneurs and innovators to succeed in accelerating personalized health-care