This session includes a fireside chat with Karine Bachongy, IFC Global Head of Social Sector PPPs. The chat will ask why PPPs have the potential to deliver social sector projects in an efﬁcient and effective way.
The session will then focus on Healthcare PPPs. Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) in the healthcare sector contribute to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 3 and Universal Health Coverage. PPPs in the healthcare sector bring value for money along with value for people and innovations. The purpose of the session is to inform the audience about recent PPP developments in the healthcare sector and to discuss current trends, Value for Money assessments, discussion of contractual models, innovations in healthcare PPPs, tender procedures and case studies
- What is new in the healthcare PPP framework in the last 5 years?
- How to ensure success of PPP tenders?
- Value for money assessments – lessons learnt, status quo.
- How to integrate innovations in healthcare PPPs (e.g value-based procurement).
- How can technology be an enabler for healthcare PPP projects?
- How can PPPs help scaling UHC?
- What challenges do PPP projects address in healthcare sectors? Barriers for using PPP in the healthcare sector.