Opening ceremony of the WAPPP Abu Dhabi PPP Forum 2023. Top decision takers discuss public-private partnership challenges and opportunities. Public-Private Partnerships are a vital tool to promote investment in sustainable infrastructure and the energy transition. As pointed out in UNCTAD’s World Investment Report 2023, infrastructure projects in which international investors join hands with governments and development banks achieve the lowest cost of finance. WAPPP is a leading voice in the public-private partnership industry. It has over 400 members, with about 50 PPP Units and over 350 PPP professionals and corporate members. The PPP Forum, through multiple sessions, will discuss how to mainstream PPPs in public investment plans, how to promote SDG-driven and climate resilient public-private partnerships, and what options are available to strengthen capacity building on PPPs in developing countries.
- State of PPP and challenges facing it.
- Innovative or scalable solutions reviewed, considered, or implemented.
- Structuring and implementing small-size PPP projects.
- Increasing South-South cooperation and FDI.
- Capacity building needs in developing countries to position PPP units for growing demand.