MINISTERIAL ROUNDTABLE: 21st Century Global Investment Policymaking
A global policy environment that effectively mobilizes investment in sustainable development is more important than ever. In response to this challenge, more than 160 countries have used UNCTAD policy tools for formulating “new generation” investment policies. The Ministerial Roundtable will share experiences with modern, sustainable development-oriented investment policies and identify best practice based on UNCTAD policy tools: The Investment Policy Framework for Sustainable Development (2012, updated 2015); Action Plan for Investment in the SDGs (2014); Global Action Menu for Investment Facilitation (2016), and Reform Package for the Global Investment Policy Regime (2017).
Issues for the debate:
- What are countries’ key priorities in national and international investment policymaking in the coming years?
- What are their recent experiences and lessons learned in “new generation” investment policymaking?
- What approaches are countries adopting specifically to stimulate investment in SDG-relevant sectors?
- H.E. Ms. Bogolo Joy Kenewendo, Minister of Investment, Trade and Industry, Botswana
- H.E. Mr. Harouna Kabore, Minister of Commerce, Industry and Handicrafts, Burkina Faso
- H.E. Mr. Marcel Ilunga Leu, Minister of Industry, Democratic Republic of the Congo
- H.E. Dr. Sahar Nasr, Minister of Investment and International Cooperation, Egypt
- H.E. Mr. Gabriel Curtis, Minister of Investments and Public-Private Partnerships, Guinea
- H.E. Prof. Bambang Brodjonegoro, Minister of National Development Planning, Indonesia
- H.E. Mr. Rahmatollah Karami, acting Minister for Economy and Financial Affairs, Iran (Islamic Republic of)
- H.E. Mr. Tefo Mapesela, Minister of Trade and Industry, Lesotho
- H.E. Prof. Wilson K. Tarpeh, Minister of Commerce and Industry, Liberia
- H.E. Mr. Henry Mussa M.P., Minister of Industry, Trade and Tourism, Malawi
- H.E. Mr. Moctar Ould Djay, Minister of Economy and Finance, Mauritania
- H.E. Mr. Tsogtbaatar Damdin, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mongolia
- H.E. Mr. Matrika Prasad Yadav, Minister for Industry, Commerce and Supplies, Nepal
- H.E. Ms. Sigrid Kaag, Minister of Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, Netherlands
- H.E. Mr. Wera Mori, Minister for Commerce and Industry, Papua New Guinea
- H.E. Mr. Peter Bayuku Konteh, Minister of Trade and Industry, Sierra Leone
- H.E. Mr. Miroslav Lajčák, President of the General Assembly, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Slovakia
- H.E. Mr. Rob Davies, Minister of Trade and Industry, South Africa
- H.E. Mr. Malik Samarawickrama, Minister of Development Strategies and International Trade, Sri Lanka
- H.E. Dr. Kobsak Pootrakool, Minister Attached to the Prime Minister’s Office, Thailand
- H.E. Ms. Amelia Kyambadde, Minister of Trade, Industry and Co-Operatives, Uganda
- H.E. Mr. Charles J.P. Mwijage, Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, United Republic of Tanzania
- H.E. Mr. Christopher Yaluma, Minister of Commerce, Trade and Industry, Zambia
Event Manager: Ms. Elisabeth Tuerk
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org