20 July 2016
16:00 - 19:00 Africa/Nairobi
The High-level Roundtable on Investment and Enterprise Development will focus on new directions for investment and entrepreneurship policy towards increased sustainability and inclusiveness for the attainment of the SDGs, with an emphasis on efforts to boost green growth, as well as initiatives like social enterprise and impact investment, and entrepreneurship for youth, women and vulnerable groups.
Building on UNCTAD’s Investment Policy Framework and UNCTAD’s Entrepreneurship Policy Framework, the discussions will shed light on new dimensions of the investment and entrepreneurship policy interface including:
- New ways and means to boost foreign investment and its interlinkages with the domestic economy through an Investment Facilitation Action Package
- New ideas for matching foreign investment with innovative financing and engagement with vulnerable groups
- New entrepreneurship strategies to reach vulnerable and marginalized groups
- New strategies for public-private sector engagement for ensuring inclusive development
Questions to be addressed
- What investment facilitation practices can be highlighted as exemplary for channeling private investment to SDG sectors and for building inclusive linkages that benefit vulnerable groups?
- What are best practices in matching foreign investment with innovative financing and engagement with vulnerable groups?
- What specific policy measures are needed to promote youth and women entrepreneurship, social and green entrepreneurship, as well as and entrepreneurship for people with disabilities and in post-conflict areas?
- How policy makers can support companies’ efforts in building sustainable business models and operations, which include social and environmental sustainability as an integral part of companies’ core value chain operations, making an important contribution to the achievement of the SDGs?