Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021
Promoting good practices and initiatives in reporting by companies on their contributions to the SDGs
ISAR Honours aims to raise awareness and facilitate the dissemination of national and international best practices on sustainability and Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) reporting. It supports the public and private sector efforts on enhancing the quality and comparability of companies’ reporting on their contribution to the 2030 sustainable development agenda, and its usefulness for monitoring the implementation of the SDGs. The initiative recognizes policy, institutional or capacity-building initiatives, publicly available at the national and international level that encourage and assist enterprises to publish data on their contribution to SDG implementation; and assist governments in collecting such data for the SDG monitoring needs. The initiative especially encourages proposals from the developing countries to recognize their efforts in the area and facilitate improvements in companies’ reporting on sustainability issues, including by promoting the integration of sustainability information, such as environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) issues, into companies’ reporting cycle.
Issues to be addressed:
- Highlighting new developments as well as existing national, regional and international best practice in the area of sustainability and SDG reporting.
- Acknowledging honourees in the national and international assessment categories as well as recognition of leading initiative by the special nomination from UNCTAD.
- Addressing the measurement of SDG indicator 12.6.1, which is related to sustainability reporting as part of the global monitoring framework of the SDGs.
- Celebrating the honored initiatives as well as raising awareness of their profiles and achievements.
- Mr. James Zhan, Director of Investment and Enterprise, UNCTAD
ISAR Honours Review Committee
- Mr. Mario Abela, Director, Redefining Value, World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Ms. Arman Bekturova, Director, Ministry of Finance of Kazakhstan and Chair ISAR 36
- Mr. Wilmar Franco, President, Technical Council of Public Accounting, Technical Standardization Authority in Colombia
- Dr. Victoria Hurth, Convenor TC 309, International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Ms. Mardi Mcbrien, Managing Director, Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB)
- Mr. Edward Olowo-Okere, Director for Financial Accountability and Reporting, The World Bank
- Mr. Richard Bolwijn, Officer-in-Charge of Enterprise Branch, Head, Investment Research Branch, Division on Investment and Enterprise, UNCTAD
Event Manager: Ms. Elena Botvina
Contact email: Elena.Botvina@unctad.org