INTERNATIONAL PROJECT FINANCE (in partnership with the Global Infrastructure Hub and Project Finance International)
Date: Wednesday, 20 October 2021
Boosting investment in infrastructure and the SDGs
International project finance is a key mechanism to channel funds towards investment in infrastructure and other key sectors relevant for sustainable development, including renewable energy, water and sanitation, and hospitals. International project finance was already on a growth trajectory and increasingly on the radars of investment policymakers and investment promotion agencies worldwide due to the need to attract funds for SDG projects. The post-COVID recovery investment packages that are being adopted in many countries, which are mostly directed at infrastructure, are further increasing the relevance of this instrument. The growing use of international project finance presents an opportunity to draw in much needed private sector capital, but also a set of new challenges for sustainability financing.
Issues to be addressed:
- What are the current trends in international project finance?
- How will the huge injection of funds in infrastructure implied by post-COVID recovery packages affect international project finance trends in the coming years?
- What is needed to further boost investment in renewable energy and sustainable infrastructure?
- How can developing countries gain greater access to international project finance for sustainable growth?
- Mr. David Craig, Co-Chair, Taskforce for Nature-related Financial Disclosures; Senior Advisor of LSEG
- Ms. Marie Lam-Frendo, CEO, G20 Global Infrastructure Hub
- Mr. Paddy Padmanathan, CEO, ACWA Power
- Ms. Julia Prescot, Chief Strategy Officer, Meridiam
- Mr. Graham Vinter, Senior Of Counsel, Covington & Burling LLP
- Ms. Nandita Parshad, Managing Director, Sustainable Infrastructure Group EBRD
- Mr. Jorge Arbache, VP, Private Sector, Development Bank of Latin America, CAF
- Mr. Rod Morrison, Editor, Project Finance International
Event manager: Ms. Isya Kresnadi
Contact email: Isya.Kresnadi@unctad.org