The IFRS Foundation issued its inaugural Sustainability Disclosure Standards (IFRS S1 and IFRS S2) on 26th June 2023. The standards have ushered in a new era of sustainability-related financial disclosures in capital markets worldwide. The IFRS Foundation is keen to support capacity building which deepens understanding and capabilities in the areas of climate and sustainability disclosure.
This event has been organized with a view to providing policymakers, regulators, preparers, assurance providers and other stakeholders with insights on how to facilitate practical implementation of the sustainability disclosure standards promulgated by the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB). This workshop will introduce participants to the two new IFRS Sustainability Disclosure Standards, including the proportionality mechanisms and transition reliefs; together with the capacity building programme of the IFRS Foundation and adoption guidance.
By taking part in this workshop participants will have a practical understanding of key elements of the standards and the IFRS Foundation’s plans to support capacity building and adoption.
- Key concepts in IFRS S1: including identifying risks and opportunities, materiality, and connectivity;
- Key concepts in IFRS S2: including, transition plans, scenario analysis, GHG emissions;
- Examples of disclosure practice, exploring the application of TCFD recommendations in real examples;
- IFRS capacity building programme and future work
- Opportunities for successful implementation