GLOBAL LEADERS INVESTMENT SUMMIT II: Investment in a new era of industrialization
The second Summit will look into the impact of new industrialization. New industrialization (based on digitalization, robotics and big data) is bound to affect all aspects of the way in which goods and services are produced and consumed globally, with profound implications for trade, investment and development. The international community needs to ensure that new industrialization supports, not impedes, the advancement of the SDGs.
Issues for the debate:
- How will new industrialization affect international investment and its relation to development?
- What are the best possible scenarios for new industrialization to support the SDGs, and what are the main means to realize them?
- What can the United Nations contribute to maximize the positive and minimize the negative impact of new industrialization on investment for development?
- Dr. Mukhisa Kituyi, Secretary-General, UNCTAD
- H.E. Mr. Mokgweetsi E.K. Masisi, President of the Republic of Botswana
- H.E. Mr. Armen Sarkissian, President of the Republic of Armenia
- H.E. Prof. Faustin Archange Touadéra, President of the Central African Republic
- H.E. Mr. Motsoahae Thomas Thabane, Prime Minister, Kingdom of Lesotho
- Ms. María Fernanda Espinosa Garcés, President, General Assembly, United Nations
- Ms. Gabriela Cuevas Barron, President, Inter-Parliamentary Union
- Mr. Børge Brende, President, World Economic Forum
- Mr. Bruce Cleaver, CEO, De Beers Group
- Mr. Tewolde GebreMariam, Group CEO, Ethiopian Airlines
- Ms. Louise Cooper, British Chartered Financial Analyst and Journalist
Event Manager: Ms. Christiane Stepanek-Allen
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org