Join the women leading some of the world’s most influential exchanges and market infrastructures in this CEO round table on gender equality. The one-hour discussion will explore the role of women in senior leadership positions, and reflect on lessons learned and emergent themes. This session will be followed by a second panel of policy and practice experts from exchanges and organizations active on this topic. Stock exchanges are uniquely positioned to drive change t in a way few other actors can and as employers in their own right, to lead by example. This session is organized in collaboration with the IFC and will discuss initiatives underway, what’s worked and what hasn’t and where the opportunities are to really make a difference..
Gender equality is a top priority on the international sustainability agenda. Businesses are improving their practices, developing public private partnerships, and investing resources to achieve gender equality. While it is increasingly recognized that advancing gender equality through business operations and value chains means better talent, higher productivity, more customers, and better societal outcomes, progress remains slow. To achieve the United Nations SDGs, we need to move much more rapidly.
Before joining this session, take a minute to see the SSE’s ranking of G20 stock exchanges based on boardroom gender balance. This will form the basis for much of the discussion.
Issues to be addressed
- What role can exchanges play in promoting gender parity?
- What role does regulation play in achieving gender equality?
- How can exchanges assist in building up a sufficient career pipeline for women to be promoted in companies?
- How can exchanges actively increase female participation on their issuers’ boards?
- What are the main challenges that markets face when promoting diversity?
- CEO Roundtable
- Policy and Practice