GENDER EQUALITY IN LISTED CORPORATIONS (in partnership with the International Finance Corporation (IFC))
This registration is for the all sessions of the 7th WIF 2021. All events occur in Geneva Time (CET, GMT+2).
Date: Wednesday, 20 October 2021
Embedding sustainability into derivatives
Gender equality is a top priority on the international sustainability agenda. Businesses are improving their practices, developing public-private partnerships, and investing resources to achieve gender equality. While it is increasingly recognized that advancing gender equality through business operations and value chains means better talent, higher productivity, more customers, and a stronger bottom line, progress remains slow. To achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, the private sector needs to continue to advance at a fast pace.
Stock exchanges are uniquely positioned to influence their market in a way few other actors can. To create positive peer pressure among exchanges, to actively promote gender parity in their market and address this issue directly with companies, a newly released ranking of stock exchanges based on their issuer’s board gender diversity will be the base for discussions.
Issues to be addressed:
- What role can exchanges play in promoting gender parity?
- What role does regulation play in achieving gender equality?
- How can exchanges assist in building up a sufficient career pipeline for women to be promoted in companies?
- How can exchanges actively increase female participation on their issuers’ boards?
- What are the main challenges that markets face when promoting diversity?
- Ms. Melsa Ararat, Global Advisory Board Member, The 30% Club
- Ms. Olga Cantillo, CEO, Latinex Stock Exchange
- Ms. Diana Chan, Former CEO, EuroCCP
- Ms. Julia Hoggett, CEO, London Stock Exchange
- Ms. Hope Jarkowski, Head of Equities, New York Stock Exchange
- Ms. Vuyo Lee, Director, Marketing & Corporate Affairs, Johannesburg Stock Exchange
- Ms. Patricia Torres, Global Head, Sustainable Finance Solutions, Bloomberg
Event Manager: Mr. Anthony Miller
Contact email: Anthony.Miller@unctad.org