GENDER EQUALITY IN LISTED CORPORATIONS [VIRTUAL] (in partnership with IFC and Bloomberg [TBC])
Embedding sustainability into derivatives
This virtual event occurs in Geneva Time (CET, GMT+2). Abu Dhabi, UAE time is 2:00 hours ahead of Geneva, Switzerland.
Gender equality is a top priority on the international sustainability agenda. Businesses are improving their practices, developing public-private partnerships, and investing resources to achieve gender equality. While it is increasingly recognized that advancing gender equality through business operations and value chains means better talent, higher productivity, more customers, and a stronger bottom line, progress remains slow. To achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, the private sector needs to continue to advance at a fast pace.
Stock exchanges are uniquely positioned to influence their market in a way few other actors can. To create positive peer pressure among exchanges, to actively promote gender parity in their market and address this issue directly with companies, a newly released ranking of stock exchanges based on their issuer’s board gender diversity will be the base for discussions.
Issues to be addressed:
- What role can exchanges play in promoting gender parity?
- What role does regulation play in achieving gender equality?
- How can exchanges assist in building up a sufficient career pipeline for women to be promoted in companies?
- How can exchanges actively increase female participation on their issuers’ boards?
- What are the main challenges that markets face when promoting diversity?
Event Manager: Mr. Anthony Miller
Contact email: Anthony.Miller@unctad.org