ACHIEVING THE SDGS [VIRTUAL]
Measuring the contribution of firms towards achievement of the SDGs
This virtual event occurs in Geneva Time (CET, GMT+2). Abu Dhabi, UAE time is 2:00 hours ahead of Geneva, Switzerland.
Enterprises around the world have an important bearing on achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Efforts are being exerted at a global level to promote meaningful disclosure on the contribution of enterprises towards the SDGs by harmonizing sustainability accounting and reporting frameworks and standards.
UNCTAD’s Intergovernmental Working Group of Experts on International Standards of Accounting and Reporting (ISAR) published in 2019 a Guidance on core indicators for entity reporting on the contribution towards the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (GCI) to facilitate enterprise reporting. This roundtable will enable participants to review the latest developments on this topic. The event will bring together key players in this field with a view to promoting further harmonization and consistency and comparability in measurement and reporting.
Issues to be addressed:
- What is the present status of global efforts aimed at harmonizing frameworks and standards on SDGs reporting?
- What needs to be done to further promote more consistent measurement and reporting?
- What are the main challenges in linking micro-level SDG reporting data with macro-level reporting by national statistical agencies?
- What is the best approach to building the technical capacities needed to report on the indicators?
- How could governments be assisted in assessing the private sectors’ contribution to the SDG implementation and to enable them to report on SDG indicator 12.6.1?
Event Manager: to be added
Contact email: to be added