4th Global Dialogue
Date: 14 October 2014
Location: Palais des Nations, Room XVIII
Moderator: Tanya Beckett, Journalist and Presenter, BBC News
The Sustainable Stock Exchanges (SSE) initiative is a peer-to-peer learning platform for exploring how stock exchanges – in collaboration with policy makers, investors, regulators and companies – can promote responsible investment for sustainable development. The 2014 Global Dialogue of the Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative convened securities regulators, stock exchange executives, institutional investors, CEOs and ministers to identify ways to harness capital markets for sustainable development. A joint UN initiative co-organized by UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, the UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment and the United Nations Environmental Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI).
Elements for the debate
- What role can stock exchanges, regulators and investors play to improve the environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance of companies? What are the experiences of listed companies relating to promoting ESG?
- What are the main challenges for taking this agenda forward? Following on developments since the 2012 Sustainable Stock Exchanges Dialogue, how can momentum be maintained over the next twelve months? How can exchanges and other capital market participants contribute to the financing of the Sustainable Development Goals?
- What next steps can be taken by regulators, investors, ministers and stock exchanges collectively?
- Ms. Tanya Beckett, Journalist and Presenter, BBC News
- Mr. Leonardo Pereira, Chairman, Securities Commission of Brazil
- Mr. Shri U. K. Sinha, Chairman, Securities and Exchange Board of India
- Mr. Suh Jeong Ho, Chief Financial Adviser, Financial Supervisory Service, Republic of Korea
- Ms. Lilian del Carmen Rocca Carbajal, Chairman, Superintendency of the Securities Market of Peru
- Ms. Hoa Lien Thi Nguyen , Vice Chairwoman, State Securities Commission of Vietnam
- Ms. Thuy Nguyen, Deputy Director of International Relations, State Securities Commission of Vietnam
- Ms. Elisse Walter, Board Member, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board; Former Chairman, US SEC
- Mr. Ashishkumar Chauhan, CEO and Managing Director, Bombay Stock Exchange
- Mr. İbrahim M. Turhan, CEO & Chairman, Borsa Istanbul
- Mr. Mohammed Omran, Executive Chairman, Egyptian Stock Exchange
- Ms. Tran Anh Dao, Deputy CEO, Hochiminh Stock Exchange
- Mr. Atsushi Saito, Group CEO, Japan Exchange Group
- Mr. Francis Stenning, CEO, Lima Stock Exchange
- Mr. Sandy Frucher, Vice Chairman, NASDAQ OMX
- Ms. Chitra Ramkrishna, CEO and Managing Director, National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.
- Mr. Oscar N. Onyema, CEO, Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Ms. Kesara Manchusree, CEO, Stock Exchange of Thailand
- Mr. Mark Wilson, Group CEO, Aviva Group
- Mr. Maged Shawky, CEO, Beltone Financial Holding
- Mr. Vincent Kaufmann, Deputy CEO, Ethos
- Mr. Mardi McBrien, Managing Director, Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB)
- Mr. Michel Madelain, President & COO, Moody’s Investors Service
- Mr. Marco Tronchetti Provera, CEO, Pirelli
- Mr. Michael Jongeneel, Managing Director, Triodos Investment Management
- Mr. Georg Kell, Executive Director, UN Global Compact
- Mr. Martin Shanke, Chairman, UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Mr. Charles Anderson, Director, UNEP-Finance Initiative
- Mr. Richard Howitt, Member of the European Parliament (MEP), European Union