The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development’s (UNCTAD)Division on Investment and Enterprise is recognized as a global centre of excellence on issues related to investment and enterprise for sustainable development. Built on several decades of successful experience, its staff provide international expertise in research and policy analysis, inter-governmental consensus-building, and technical assistance to over 150 countries. Its flagship product is the annual World Investment Report and its main global stakeholder event is the biannual World Investment Forum. The Division also maintains the interactive World Investment Network of over 9,000 members to disseminate and promote all its work on investment and enterprise.
The World Investment Report focuses on trends in foreign direct investment (FDI) worldwide, at the regional and country levels and emerging measures to improve its contribution to development. Click on the “Reports” tab below to download a free copy of this report. Overviews of the report are also available in all official UN languages.
Every issue of the Report has:
- Analysis of the trends in FDI during the previous year, with especial emphasis on the development implications.
- Ranking of the largest transnational corporations in the world.
- In-depth analysis of a selected topic related to FDI.
- Policy analysis and recommendations.
- Statistical annex with data on FDI flows and stocks for 196 economies.