MINISTERIAL ROUNDTABLE: 21st Century Global Investment Policymaking
A global policy environment that effectively mobilizes investment in sustainable development is more important than ever. In response to this challenge, more than 160 countries have used UNCTAD policy tools for formulating “new generation” investment policies. The Ministerial Roundtable will share experiences with modern, sustainable development-oriented investment policies and identify best practice based on UNCTAD policy tools: The Investment Policy Framework for Sustainable Development (2012, updated 2015); Action Plan for Investment in the SDGs (2014); Global Action Menu for Investment Facilitation (2016), and Reform Package for the Global Investment Policy Regime (2017).
Issues for the debate:
- What are countries’ key priorities in national and international investment policymaking in the coming years?
- What are their recent experiences and lessons learned in “new generation” investment policymaking?
- What approaches are countries adopting specifically to stimulate investment in SDG-relevant sectors?
- H.E. Ms. Bogolo Joy Kenewendo, Minister of Investment, Trade and Industry, Botswana
- H.E. Mr. Harouna Kabore, Minister of Commerce, Industry and Handicrafts, Burkina Faso
- H.E. Mr. Jean-Marie Niyokindi, Minister of Trade, Industry, and Tourism, Burundi
- H.E. Mr. Sorasak Pan, Minister of Commerce, Cambodia
- H.E. Mr. Marcel Ilunga Leu, Minister of Industry, Democratic Republic of the Congo
- H.E. Dr. Sahar Nasr, Minister of Investment and International Cooperation, Egypt
- H.E. Mr. Gabriel Curtis, Minister of Investments and Public-Private Partnerships, Guinea
- H.E. Prof. Bambang Brodjonegoro, Minister of National Development Planning, Indonesia
- H.E. Mr. Tefo Mapesela, Minister of Trade and Industry, Lesotho
- H.E. Prof. Wilson K. Tarpeh, Minister of Commerce and Industry, Liberia
- H.E. Mr. Henry Mussa M.P., Minister of Industry, Trade and Tourism, Malawi
- H.E. Mr. Moctar Ould Djay, Minister of Economy and Finance, Mauritania
- H.E. Ms. Rkia Derham, Secretary of State to the Minister of Industry, Investment, Trade and Digital Economy, Kingdom of Morocco
- H.E. Mr. Matrika Prasad Yadav, Minister for Industry, Commerce and Supplies, Nepal
- H.E. Ms. Sigrid Kaag, Minister of Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, Netherlands
- H.E. Mr. Wera Mori, Minister for Commerce and Industry, Papua New Guinea
- H.E. Ms. Nora K. Terrado, Undersecretary, Trade and Investments Promotion Group, Philippines
- H.E. Ms. Ana Teresa Lehmann, Secretary of State of Industry, Portugal
- H.E. Mr. Peter Bayuku Konteh, Minister of Trade and Industry, Sierra Leone
- H.E. Mr. Miroslav Lajčák, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Slovakia
- H.E. Dr. Kobsak Pootrakool, Minister Attached to the Prime Minister’s Office, Thailand
- H.E. Mr. Zied Ladhari, Minister of Development, Investment and International Cooperation, Tunisia
- H.E. Ms. Amelia Kyambadde, Minister of Trade, Industry and Co-Operatives, Uganda
Event Manager: Ms. Elisabeth Tuerk
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org